Our community service project this fall is in support of the Columbus chapter of Blue Star Military Mothers of America, an organization that supports our service men and women who are currently stationed overseas. The local chapter, known as Buckeye Military Moms, packs and ships care packages of the items most requested by our soldiers and sailors.
We are collecting for their pre-holiday distribution in November, so during September and October, please consider donating the listed items to our collection. You can drop off your donation at any of these club events:
Club meetings on September 13 and October 11 (6 pm, Alumni House)
Our “Picnic with the Police” event on September 20
The “Wine Bistro Dinner” event on October 18
All donations must be received by the end of October to make it in time for the November packaging day (timed to be shipped and received before the holidays). If you cannot attend one of the above events, or have questions about the program, please contact Felicia Minor ( 614-832-2572 or email@example.com ) to make alternative arrangements for delivery.
- Baby wipes 40-60 ct.
- Cans of Vienna sausage
- Cans of “pasta with meat” like ravioli
- Small cans of Pringles (any flavor)
- Individual drink mix packets
- Black crew socks with no visible markings or other colors (men)
- Travel size mouthwash
- Dental Floss
- Individual boxes of raisins, dried fruit like Craisins, apple chips, banana chips, etc.
- Individual servings of nuts or trail mix
- Lip balm / chapstick
- Individually wrapped bar soap (NO Irish Spring, Caress, Old Spice or any strongly scented soap – smell permeates the food items and affects taste)
You can learn more about the local chapter and national organization here: www.buckeyemilitarymoms.org;
Thank you for supporting our community service projects!